Re : Network programming in Linux

Hi!

>Can the client and server be written in different languages?

Sure! I access the Internet tonight from a Windows system(last night it was
from a Linux system) through a proxy server running Sun OS or Digital Unix
(belonging to VSNL). This is possible because though both the clients and
the proxy-servers are written in different languages and may even run on
different OS, they follow the same internet-protocol(TCP/IP). So, as long as
both of your programs follow the same set of rules, there should be no
problem...

>Should the proxy server be written as a single program ?

Why not? I don't know much about Java; but if I wrote it in C, I would try
to put them in a single program.

Vimal Mathew,
Model Engg. College
<m_vimal@xxxxxxxxxxx>