Re: Mouse problems

"Nagarajan V." wrote:

 When I login and run startx KDE is
> invoked but I find that I have absolutely no control over the
> way the cursor behaves. Even a slight movement of the mouse
> makes the cursor jump around with windows popping up and closing
> by themselves.
>
> Nagaraj

	If ur mouse is a standard 3 button serial mouse then
/etc/X11/XF86Config should look like this...

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "Microsoft"
   Device          "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

	If it is a Ps2 mouse then change the protocol to "PS2". If this docent
work then u need to change the mouse resolution. Add this line in the
pointer section. Experiment with diff values.

Resolution	100 # other possible values 200/300

- --
  Shanker Balan                                 Debian/GNU Linux 2.1
  St. Alberts College
  Cochin