LINUX SPECIAL from CHIP Magazine

Hello everybody!
This is about unhappiness over the the Linux Special CD from CHIP.  In
comparison to the amount of effort that the PC Quest folks put in while
bringing out their CDs (especially the Linux items) I found the latest
offering from CHIP awful.

To begin with I've got a faulty CD which has problems in reading.  I tried
various things with my good old Creative CD drive and finally "saw" what was
on the CHIP CD.  Normally the CHIP people bring out excellent CDs but this
special turned out to be a sinker.  Most of you will know the problems with
Star Office and the differing versions of the library file that is associated.
 Nowhere on the CD will you find instructions on how to upgrade from a
previous version of Red Hat.  Neither are there proper instructions to install
the different softwares that they have magnanimously provided on the second
CD.  A newbie or even a regular user will have a tough time.  Since the CHIP
people have been propagandizing this special for a long time, I too,
encouraged some friends to take the special.  And their woes are more than a
mile long!

In contrast the PC Quest CDs from the very first one has been excellent.  I
keep hearing from various sources that they have been using Linux via PC Quest
CDs.  I'm not trying to chastise CHIP but I feel the CDs are awful.  The
write-ups on the magazine is however excellent material; very well researched
and very well explained.  The CDs however are .........  "simply a bundle of
sofwares taken from the internet and burned onto CDs"

Kiran J (who works with CHIP): Excellent writing.  Can you or your team do
something about the CDs? Perhaps put a patch on your website with clear
instructions for newbies.  Afterall the purpose of these CDs is mainly for
newbies.  Old die-hards like me will approach GT Enterprises, ain't it?

Regards.