Re: problem with sound

Hi Munir
I'm Tabrez from Goa, India.. I have also installed the RED HAT 6.0 from Chip
CD.

About the sound.. Go to the "Text-mode tool menu" found under the heading
"Administration" in X windows
It will  automatically switch to root shell and there you can configure many
stuff like password , sound , time zone , x config , etc

select sound setup.. it will auto-detect.. alse chose ESS1868 when it asks
to install manually..

It will test the card by playing a sound and a midi.. In my case the midi
can't be heard.. But say "YES" even if you can't hear it since it is not
reqiured to play MP3.

To play Mp3 use the X11amp found in the Multimedia menu in X windows.
It's a Linux clone of Winamp.

And last for KDE.. I couldn't find a way to switch ti it.. but it is present
on cd2

You can however switch to FVWM , FVWM 95 , Afterstep , Windows maker , by
using the "Desktop switching Tool " found in one of the menus ( I'm not sure
which )

But I'm stuck here.. once I switch to any other window manager .. I can't
get back to Gnome ( Enlightment )..

You can install the some of the packages found on CD2 which have the .rpm
extension using the GNOrpm under "system" menu.. as for the rest .. I'm
still trying to find out how to install them..

If you find out how from any other user.. please Email me or ICQ me at
16399389..

Bye !

Tabrez