Re: problem with sound

Hi Munir

Since ESS 1868 AUDIODRIVE is listed in the Redhat list of sound cards,
the easiest way is to get hold of ur IRQ/DMA details & use the
utility 'sndconfig'. I dont know if it is shipped with Linux 6.0 ,so
please chek it out.

Also,,Mar'99 pcquestCD has a mp3 player for Linux...u will also find a link
to it at www.mp3.com..I think its called X11Amp !!
Chek it out

To load things from ur other Cd...first chek if they are in gz format
or RPMS.
In case the packages on the other cd are RPMS, click open a terminal in KDE
& at the command prompt..type 'glint &'.
The package manager will start & is easy to use. Do mount your CD drive by
clicking on the icon on the KDE desktop(or otherwise) b4 you
begin to search for RPMs on the Cd.

Regards
Nim.