Re: UNIX & Windows...????

"Dr. S. K. Singh" wrote:

> dear atul,
>     as earlier i said, linux is an operating system/software having all its limitations as any other software may have.
>     please do not force it. let it grow in its own. i am reffering you by one of your mail in which you admitted that your machines are dual boot i.e windows and
> linux. that shows that still the movement you are depending more or less on windows.
>     linux is gaining popularity againgst the monopoly policies of microsoft. the quality and dependecy are the another factors. As copy right rules are very tight in
> abroad and people want a cheap solution they are moving to linux.

I thought this thread was buried.
This list has seen lots of hot and cold discussion on linux. I once
again repeat that this list is purely to help out newbies who have
problems related to linux. The people have come to this list voluntarily
( repeat again VOLUNTARILY ) and because they love linux. Now there is
no sense in explaining whether window is better or linux is better to
these people. If some one does not like linux, he is absolutely free to
go away.
When I joined the list 18 month back there were only 50 odd people and
now there are more than 500. This its self speaks of linux popularity.

And finally we ( I hope all will agree ) are here simply for the love of
linux and not to read tom's, dick's, and harry's opinion on linux.
So please stop it.

Best Wishes.
- -mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/default.html