Re: System requirement for Star Office

Soumyanath Chatterjee wrote:

> I have a 486DX4 machine with 16MB RAM. I had to keep a M$ partition in my
> box to run M$Office (Old version for Win 3.1). My earlier experience of
> WordPerfect distributed with PCQuest CD-ROM was not good. It runs slow on my
> system.
> Is it advisable to install Star Office on my system?

No dont do it. Any gui package requires a good ram. I find even
x-windows painful on  my 486 100 mhz with whooping 40 mb ram. But runs
smoothly as server.
My experience is that any thing less than p200 and 32 mb ram is useless
for gui package.

Best Wishes.
- -mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/default.html