Re: SOS : Oracle On linux Segmenation fault, core dumped

Did U check if Ur swap space isn't exhausted ???
I installed UDB on Linux yesterday I ran out of swap space and got the same
error. I previously had a 32 Mb swap paritition and one 32 Mb swapfile. I
increased the swap space by adding one more 32Mb swapfile and it worked
fine. UDB needs about 50 - 60 Mb of swap space just like any other DBMS and
Orcale is not an exception ! I'd say, 127 Mb swap space is good enuff (too
bad that it is the max. Linux can do for a partition).
Add swapfiles as swap if necessary.

- -- Amrit.

Manoj Phadke <mmphadke@xxxxxxxxx> on 06/21/99 10:11:34 AM

Please respond to linux-india@xxxxxxxxx