Re: online with linux

> But i can not find any file named "named.conf" anywhere in my
> system.What should i do.

This is not a must for connecting with kppp. Hence don't worry.

> When i dial even i can hear dialtone but logwindow says there is no
> dialtone and it stops dialing.
>
> I have tried it for so many strings like "AT&FX1L3S10=200" then AT&FX1
> also for ATZ(which is by default) but same thing is happening. I have
> connection from ICENET in ahmedabad.

Modems mostly don't recognise our dialtone. WithX1 after &F, it should.
if not problem may be somewhere else.
- --
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
http://www.poboxes.com/lvgandhi  lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxx,
lvgandhi@xxxxxxxx,  31882656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx