Re: SiS6215c

Hello Kunal,

No need to install extra files to configure SiS6215.
Just follow these simple steps and get ti working fine.

I got SiS6215 working fine under X Windows

follow the instructions

1. Use Xconfigurator for configuring
2. Select Unlisted Card
3. Select SVGA Server
4. Select monitor of your choice.(I chose 1024x768 NI)
5. Don't probe for card and specify VRAM
6. Select no clockchip setting
7. Set resolution to 16-bit 800x600
8. Again say no to Probing
9. Save the configuration
10. edit the file under /etc/X11/XF86Config
11. Edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config and modify the card section as
follows.

# Device configured by Xconfigurator:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "My Video Card"
    VendorName  "Unknown"
    BoardName   "Unknown"
        ChipSet "SIS86C205"  # You have to add this line.
    #VideoRam    2048
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection