Re: LILO.. Where ???

Karthik K H wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I am back. Now that I got the X windows Systems up & running at last ,I wonder where to put the LILO.

Well I was just wondering if one can not do away with winduhs /dos , is
it not more sensible to start linux with loadlin, which can be run
safely from dos prompt. Loadlin can even runs smoothly from dos.7.0
(windows dos prompt). The loadlin just wipes out the ram and loads the
copy of kernel image in ram and transfer controls to kernel with command
line arguments (there are many ). It does not mess up with mbr and this
is very important to newbie.

Best Wishes.
- -mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/default.html