RE: SOS : Oracle On linux Segmenation fault, core dumped

Oracle for Linux is not compatible with glibc 2.1 that ships with RHL6.0.
This is the same problem as with StarOffice 5.0 for Linux - bad boys used
undocumented calls that went away in glibc 2.1

There is a work around - do not cause it to create databases during install,
and relink Oracle before use. The process is described on Oracle's support
pages.

Atul