Re: problem with rh 6.0

> Hello friends,
> I have got rh 6.0 installed on my machine today it is 200mmx well actually there is no problem. I am really new to linux and I don't even know a word of linux. Can anybody tell me where do I read about linux so that I can become a professional about linux. I am a 3 yrs engineering diploma holder in computer tech. So can anybody help me to learn linux.
> One more thing when I boot from linux I get the red hat GUI interface telling me to enter my login and pass. well that is I suppose gnome because it brings up gnome help just after logging in. I have heard a lot about kde how do I start kde and all.

You'll see a button titled options in the login screen, select seccion and then
kde there and you'll be logged to kde.

> Sound is a big problem I have ess 1869 now how do I configure linux and my sound card so that I can hear some good music like win 98. Can I be able to hear the mp3 songs which I have got on my win98 partition.

Use a program called sndconfig (that comes with RedHat) and see if it recognizes
your card. Once sound card is congifured, you can play the sound files using any
of the several multimedia programs that come for Linux. If your Win98 partition
is not already mounted in Linux then do the following:

 1. mkdir /win

 2. Add a line as follwing in your /etc/fstab
    /dev/hda1       /win    vfat    defaults

    (assuming that the first partition of your primary master is Windows98)

 3. mount /win

Now you can access all the files of Windows partition from /win dir.

Atul