Re: DOOM error

Rajesh Fowkar forced the electrons to say:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have installed doom from PCQ CD March 98.
>
> When I try to run xdoom it gives error saying that
>
> Game Mode Indeterminate.
>
> Hoping that some of you might have faced the same problem.
> What should I do to run DOOM on linux.
>
> Thanking in advance.

This is because doom cannot find the file doom.wad (or doom1.wad or
doom2.wad, depending on whether your doom is shareware, full or doom2
respectively). Either cd to the directory containing the wad file, or put
the path to that directory in the environment variable DOOMWADDIR. This
is explained in the doom README.

IIRC, PCQ CD has only the doom executable, not the wad file. You can
go to ftp.idsoftware.com and download the wad file for shareware doom,
and also a bunch of other games id has. The wad file is about 1.4MB.

Happy Dooming!

Binand