Re: xfstt

ashutosh wrote:
  | Can anybody on this list tell me how to use xfstt ?
  | I read the man page. After starting xfstt I used the xset command as
  | given in the man page. But it gives me error saying 'cannot open display
  | "" ' . I have a few fonts in the /usr/ttffonts directory.

Probably because your X server is not running, or you haven't set the
DISPLAY environment variable. I got it installed a few days back and
it's perfectly fine. I think the default search path for fonts is
/usr/share/fonts/truetype

Have you created the /var/cache/xfstt/ directory? That's the default
location for its databases, unless you got the src RPM and built the
package from that.

  | What are the parameters to be given to the xset command ?

xset fp+ inet/127.0.0.1:7101 (if you're on port 7101 on localhost)

or

xset fp+ inet/IP.Address.of.server:port (if it's on some other machine
			and port)

  | Also is it possible to specify c:\windows\fonts directory directly for
  | the --dir option to xfstt ?

No. You will have to mount your windoze partition first, and specify
the Unix pathname.