Re: 486 with a large HDD

Jeffrey Yep wrote:

> Is that possible?!! Are you saying that my 486 can handle a HDD with
> thatmuch memory? Or do I have to add on some other hardware like extra RAM
> etc.? Please tell me.

The hd is handled by OS and not by the processor. You can have 21 gb (Am
I wrong ?, but I have 4.3 gb on 486) hard disk on 486. And yes linux
loves the ram so get  32 mb (or 64 mb if you have space)

Best Wishes.
- -mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/default.html
http://members.xoom.com/BETACOMP/index1.htm