Netcenter messes with encoding (was Re: Internet Explorer / Netscape])

HOTMAIL sends your id and password in a secure channel using HTTPS nowada=
ys. I
am using HOTMAIL + netscape under Debian 2.1 and it is not giving any pro=
blem
except for the popup dialog box asking for my confirmation. AFAIK HTTPS i=
slower compared to HTTP and that may be the reason for delay.

But I am having trouble with my netcenter account (used for this list) wh=
ich
is supposed to be NS friendly. The login screen messes with the character=

strings/encoding for forms in such a way that subsequent screens cannot
display the URL on the location field and dialog boxes keep on poping up
saying that it could not find the characters in the font database. I have=
close NS and start again to get rid of the problem. Has anybody else face=
this problem and provide some help ?

TIA
- -swaps
> > =

> > i think hotmail has added some new security feature which redirects y=
ou to
> > some url like
> > https://lc1.law5.hotmail.com/ ..............whatever
> > after entering you email-id and password.
> > =

> > netscape does not understand this redirect.
> > =

> > i think netscape had support for https ???? not sure.
> > =

> > Anyone have ideas why this is happening. maybe i just hinted you.
> > =

> Netscape for sure has support for https.
> =

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=
ail.netscape.com.