Re: Hi all,

Hello Everybody,

		I have a query regarding a previous message sent to the list and the
solution given to it by different member of the list. For reference I have
attached one message below.
		My question is, if one can change the "root" password easily like this(
i.e., by booting using LILO: linux init=/bin/sh and mounting the filesystem
in read write mode and changing the /etc/passwd file), how can we stop a
stranger, who, using the above method logs into a linux system and changes
the root password?. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

regards
muthu