Re: UNIX & Windows...????

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Suresh Reddy[E] wrote:

> But it is high time we understood the user's perspective.. Karthick as
> a user has struggled in installing linux(and assuming he has good
> technical knowledge too, it should have been really difficult).
> Lets accept it. Cant we take this positively and work
> towards giving a one line command or few clicks for the installation of linux?

As Atul rightly pointed out a user's perspective need not be sermonising.
I have my own colleagues here at the department who did not know what to
do with the icons when presented with a win95 screen. So, whether it is
linux or win or any other os, you have to learn some of the basics the
hard way. When that is the case, why blame linux?

regards,

sridhar

Dr. Sridhar M. A.
Department of Studies in Physics