Re: Running DOS Foxpro under Linux

> Hi Raju,
>
> You probably need to get DosEmu to boot off your primary MS-DOS drive
> instead of the built-in drive emulation file of DosEmu.

Where can I can DosEmu ?

> I have the following lines in /etc/dosemu.conf (note: my DOS drive is
> /dev/hda2):
>
> #disk { image "/var/lib/dosemu/hdimage" }      # use diskimage file.
> disk { partition "/dev/hda2" }

I have added the line disk { partition "/dev/hda1" } to my dosemu.conf since
hda1 is my primary partition where Windows98 and Foxpro for Dos resides.

> I've commented out the primary disk (hdimage, which is basically a DOS
> disk image in Linux) and enabled the primary native DOS disk.
>
> If you have WinXX on your primary drive you will have to use F8 or one
> of those keys to ensure that you don't try to boot into Winduhs by
> mistake.

This is little confusing. You have said that I will have to press F8 to ensure
that I do not boot in Windows. Are you suggesting that I should boot into
MS-DOS prompt mode rather than GUI of windows. This is not my aim at all. I
want to use my DOS packages after booting into Linux.

Please clarify. Thanks in advance

Rajesh

> I've used DosEmu a bit, and am quite happy with it's emulation.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> -- Raju

>     Rajesh> Hello Everybody, I am basically a Foxpro
>     Rajesh> Programmer. Everytime I want to use Foxpro I had to
>     Rajesh> shutdown Linux and boot through Windows 98. I have mounted
>     Rajesh> my Windows partition under linux and can excess all the
>     Rajesh> files from it.
>
>     Rajesh> I tried DOSEMU - the dos emulator for Linux, but when I
>     Rajesh> say dir I get only few directories which I think are in
>     Rajesh> built into that program. I do not see any linux directory
>     Rajesh> nor any of my Windows directory.
>
>     Rajesh> Has anybody able to run the DOS software under linux
>     Rajesh> without any problem. I should be able to work in Foxpro
>     Rajesh> under Linux as if I am using DOS. If that is possible than
>     Rajesh> it would be great.
>
>     Rajesh> Thanks in advance.
>
>     Rajesh> Rajesh

> Linux India is NOT a forum for Microsoft/India/Pakistan/US/UK bashing.
> Flame baits will not be tolerated.  If you can appreciate satire read
> http://www.templetons.com/brad/emily.html
- --
Rajesh Fowka