Re: problem with smb.conf

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, you wrote:
>sksharma wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>> i has installed samba properly on redhat 5.2. My working group is also visible
>> in network neigbhourhood but it is not showing any shared directories . i has
>> given path to proper directory. can any body help me to solve this problem.
>
>If you want to share linux directories you will have to enable them in
>smb.conf. By default /home and /netlogon are shared (you have to comment
>out relevant line in smb.conf). You may add your own directories,
>printers, cdrom, floppy drive etc. etc. in smb.conf
>
>--
>Best Wishes.
>-mukund
>http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/default.html
>http://members.xoom.com/BETACOMP/index1.htm
thanks mukund
but still i am not able to see any directory like /home /netlogon. if you had
configurated samba properly , send me a copy of smb.conf file. what is the
purpose of files smbusers ,smbpasswd   files.

name   :Surender Kumar Sharma
desgn  :Scientist
Org.   :Information and Library Network Centre
Loc    : Near Gujrat University guest house,
         Navrangpura,Ahmedabad (India)
Ph.    : 6301972,6305971
URL    : www.inflibnet.ernet.in
E-mail :sksharma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx