Re: Can IBM 16/4 token ring n/w card work on Linux

deepak@xxxxxxxxxx proclaimed:
>                        I have a 486 PC with 2.5 GB HDD 1.2 GB partition for
> win95,1.3 GB partition for LINUX 5.2 .My m/c has a  IBM 16/4 token ring n/w
> card (we dont have ethernet point at IBM).

Ahhh.  Token ring cards!  I first played around with Linux when I was
working for an IBM company (Prodigy).  In those days (late '95) it was a
pain to get my card working because Token ring card support was just
beginning to get into the kernel.

Read the Token-Ring mini-HOWTO -
http://metalab.unc.edu/linux/HOWTO/mini/Token-Ring.html

It says that the 16/4 adapater is supported.

Thaths
- --
"I've been scorched by Krusty before. I got a rapid heartbeat from his
Krusty brand vitamins, my Krusty Kalculator didn't have a seven or an
eight, and Krusty's autobiography was self-serving with many glaring
   omissions. But this time, he's gone too far!" -- Bart Simpson
Sudhakar C13n http://people.netscape.com/thaths/ Lead Indentured Slave