Re: Rg: Mouse is not working in X windows

Hi.

I don't know the type of your mouse, but you can try the program
mouse-test
It will try to find out the approriate /dev/* file to which the mouse is
attached.
Run the program, and follow the instructions.
Then link the device file it suggests to /dev/mouse
(ln -s <result-of-mouse-test> /dev/mouse).
Has worked for me quiote a number of times.

Warning: The system _might_ hang.
The program basically probes on all probable device interfaces to give a
nice guess.

regards,
jaju