Re: apt strangeness

Hi,
>>"J" == J Shashidhara <mysxrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 >> Try dselect update, and see if that works.

 J> Well, that is what hosed my database. How do I repairt it?

        Well, I suspect that means that /var/lib/dpkg/available is
 hosed. You can just backup the file, and run dselect update to
 recreate it. (loss of /var/lib/dpkg/status, the other ``database'',
 would have been more serious, but dselect update does not touch that,
 so you may be fine)

        HTH

        manoj
- --
 While having never invented a sin, I'm trying to perfect several.
Manoj Srivastava   <srivasta@xxxxxxxxxx>  <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>