Re: apt strangeness

Hi,
>>"J" == J Shashidhara <mysxrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 J> Thanks for the info. But, if I want to see what are the new packages
 J> available after I do 'apt-get upgrade', what is the method (without
 J> using dselect)?

        If you are brave, you can try gnome-apt (I do not think it is
 fully functional yet). Apart from that, I don't think there is
 anything besides dselect (which is really ot all that bad, once you
 get used to it).

 J> Another question, as I mentioned earlier, my dselect database has gone
 J> bad. Now is there a way I can bring it back to normal? Of course, I do
 J> not have any problems in running the system, just feels funny when it
 J> list amost all the new packages I had installed as Obsolete/local
 J> packages.

        Try dselect update, and see if that works.

        manoj
- --
 Date: 3 Apr 90 22:40:40 GMT From: raymond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 (Raymond Chen) $x=split(/( )/,'Not another perl
 hacker,');$_=q$x$x$x;s$x$print shift(@_)$eg;
Manoj Srivastava   <srivasta@xxxxxxxxxx>  <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>