Re: Ensoniq cards

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Gautham Venkataram wrote:

> Hi all,
>    We have a new ensoniq sound card. The problem is that it does not work
> properly all the time. I have Linux 5.2 loaded on a PII machine. I try
> exiting esd (ensoniq daemon) and start it again. But to no avail. Please

Hi,
	esd has got nothing to do with sound card. Basically esd
stands for Enlightened Sound Daemon, not  (ensoniq daemon). So First ur
card need to be configured correctly,(correct io , irq and dma). use
sndconfig, ensoniq cards are configured with this utility. Now when U hear
linus speaking, that start esd, I think U have to do some configuration
(esd-config). This help U to play mixed audio data ant etc features.
Before that look at /usr/doc/esound-0.2.8

HTH
- -Chetan S