RE: Which card should I choose

> > Stick to accelerated cards like the cheap Matrox G100 or the S3
> Virge/DX if
> > money is your concern,
>
> Well, who is it not concerned about it? ;-) What is the price of G100/200
> card? Here in Mysore,
> people are quoting abot 3K+ for the same. Just want to have an idea about
> the same. If possible, can you also give the address/e-mail/telephone of
> the seller?

Well, frankly speaking I'd say spending money money on a good display card
and monitor is far more important than getting a 400 MHz CPU instead of a
350 MHz CPU or an 8GB hard disk instead of a 4 GB hard disk - the display
system is what my eyes rest on 100% of my computing time.... ;-)

My local vendor (in Mysore and Bangalore) is HardSoft Solutions (in
Bangalore call 6655926, don't have their Mysore number at hand right now).
Email is hardsoft@xxxxxxxxx

The G100 should be around 2K, the G200 around 7K.

BTW - HardSoft Solutions has been supplying "Linux Ready" system for years
to people (I am making good progress in getting them to start shipping
*pre-configured* Linux boxes soon, too). If you specify to them that your
ordered system is to run Linux, they will automatically ensure that the
system shipped to you does not contain Linux-incompatible components.
(Disclaimer - while I advise HardSoft on such things, I have no commercial
arrangements with them other than buying stuff from them).

Genisys (kvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bangalore-3481315) is another Linux-savvy
vendor who actually *ships* pre-installed Linux boxes.

Atul