RE: Financial Accounting Software on Linux

> So I ask your help.  Is there any so called off the shelf
> Accounting Package
> in Linux which can be used?  Is TALLY available on Linux?

In the December 31st issue of DataQuest, Bharat Goenka categorically stated
that they are working on a version of Tally that will work under Linux. No
time frame was given, but since Tally already exists on OS/2, Windows 3.x,
Windows 9x and MacOS, and since Peutronics is a heavy user of Linux, I guess
it is just a matter of time.

We use Tally for Windows using Wine. Apart from some hassles with printing
(later resolved), it works just great - in a window - no less! ;-)

Atul