Re: LPD probs -Reply

telnet left 515 gives the following -

Trying 172.17.25.22
Connected to left
Escape char....

So it connects to the printer.

Problem is that any job submitted remains in the spool only.
LPC gives the following -
lpc> status
left:
       queuing enabled
       printing enabled
       no entries
       NO DAEMON PRESENT

Cant locate where the problem is ..  :-(

ciao,
amit

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, AMIT KUCHERIA wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have RH5.2. When i installed it, my lpd was running fine, meaning, i
was
> able to print to a remote HP laserjet printer on our network.
>
> Now i cant. Though lpd is started, it does not stay that way.

Sorry I could not get it, what do Y mean it does not stay that. Is lpd
deamon running, you can check with
telnet 0 515

- -Chetan S

> What could be the problem ?
>
> TIA
> ciao,
> amit

> Linux India is NOT a forum for Microsoft/India/Pakistan/US/UK bashing.
> Flame baits will not be tolerated.  If you can appreciate satire read
> http://www.templetons.com/brad/emily.html

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw