X on remote system

Host A: Where your X applications lie (the Client)

Host B: Where your X display is running (the Server)

1.  On B, after loading X type this in an xterm:

	xhost +HostA

This will allow clients from HostA to connect to the X server.

2.  Login to HostA and in an xterm type:

	export DISPLAY=HostB:0

This will tell any X clients you run now where the server is.

3.  Run any X clients you want from that xterm in HostA.

You can also run xdm on HostA and then start x on HostB with:

	X -query HostA

after which your complete X session will run as if it had been started
from HostA.

You need a minimum of about 115.2 Kb/s to run X.  I've tried it on
14.4 lines and it sucks, works beautifully on 10 MB/s ethernet.  Also
see if you can use LBX (Low Bandwidth X) somehow.

Hope this helps,

- -- Raju
- --
       Raj Mathur / Web Technical Support / Silicon Graphics / New Delhi
                  +91-124-349811         /    raju@xxxxxxx  / 551-7228
            http://reality.sgi.com/raju / Not necessarily speaking
           PGP: F2 D4 4A 21 27 B0 63 FF | for Silicon Graphics.
                15 97 9D AE 9D 40 BC B8 | It is the Mind that Moves