Re: which RPM for this lib.

Hi,
    I guess u want to do socket programming ... so the libsocket
is a part of libc only so u dont need to -lsocket for a socketed
program ... but for inet functions ull hv to link nsl -lnsl ..

Satish/

>My rh 6.0 system doesn"t seem to have libsocket.so.
>is there a way for me to find out which rpm contains this lib ... other
>than actaully running a rpm -qpl <package>.
>
>I tried a web search, but it says this lib is a part of the ibcs2..rpm
>which comes with the suse distro .. ???
>
>Ealier when i had installed rh 5.2, this lib was there, and i chose nearly
>the same stuff to install as i dd with rh 6.0 ....
>Any idea where libsocket.so could be .. ?
>
>TIA,
>
>- Rohit

>Get free personalized email at http://www.iname.com

>For more information on Linux in India visit http://www.linux-india.org/
>Linux India is NOT a forum for Microsoft/India/Pakistan/US/UK bashing.
>Flame baits will not be tolerated.  If you can appreciate satire read
"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me."
                -- Hunter S. Thompson
Satish K. Pagare,
Visit me : http://satish.cjb.net