Re: Playing VCD with xanim

Yeah that's true ... Coz the audio CD format on the CD's is not
in mpeg format, if u rip those CDs you will get wav files out of it.
But the files and the filesystem on the CD  is not understood in
linux as a normal file systems hence when u do file music1.dat
u get error message. The CDPlayers on linux also do not mount the CD
and they play the songs....

Satish/

>Incidentally, to check what type of a file music01.dat is, I did
>
>        file music01.dat
>
>I get a message that there is an error reading the file and the
>program aborts. Any clues?

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me."
                -- Hunter S. Thompson
Satish K. Pagare,
Visit me : http://satish.cjb.net