Re: How to use Windows NT for Unix Services tool for Telnet service

First of all I would like to say WinNT can not come anywhere close to unix
system...so no point in finding a telnetd server for NT..but if you are
interested you can purchase one telnetd server for your purpose..go to
deja.com freedownloads and then search for telnetd you will find the list
showing the files and links with it..these will be trial version
ofcourse..try it and purchase(thats what you have to do for windoze
programs..here for a small thing you have to BUY..but this you can not do
for linux for getting a good softwares!!!

Tusar

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Dhiran Rajbhandari wrote:

> Dear friends,
> 	      Once again I am going to submit my problem. We have Windows NT
> server. I want this server to be used as telnet server too. So, I
> downloaded the Windows NT for Unix Services which includes NFS, telnet
> server, telnet client, Unix shell and etc in unix style. I need only telnet
> server but not other. So, I installed the same service only in NT Server.
> But can't telnet to that server. I always get the message like "Connection
> refused". I try to search for the configuration for this service but
> couldn't. If somebody knows than pls help me. I should be grateful to this.
>
> Regards,
> Dhiren
>
> At 07:30 PM 5/26/99 +0530, you wrote:
> >Hi Dhiran Rajbhandari -you are welcome -I am unable to sort/see the problem
> >-pl explain the problem in detail -on maling list only ---
> >
> >Cheers
> >-Amit
> >
> >Dhiran Rajbhandari wrote:
> >
> >> Dear friends,
> >>              Sorry I am changing the track. But it's somewhat related to
> >> our group. Actually I want to use telnet services in NT proxy server. I
> >> have got Windows NT for Unix Services and I installed it but still not
> >> able to use the telnet service and always get the message connection
> >> refused whenever I try to telnet the NT proxy server. Is there any extra
> >> configuration for this service? Please help me if anyone knows about it.
> >>
> >> Thanks in Advance...
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dhiren
> >>
> >> Dhiran Rajbhandari
> >> ATC Communications Network
> >> 7/28 Adarsh Nagar, Birgunj, (Nepal)
> >> Email : dhiren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> Phone : 977-51-24075

> Linux India is NOT a forum for Microsoft/India/Pakistan/US/UK bashing.
> Flame baits will not be tolerated.  If you can appreciate satire read
> http://www.templetons.com/brad/emily.html

Tusarkanti Nayak
Junior Project Officer
Agril. & Food Eng. Dept.