Re: Problem enabling dumb-terminals

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:

> >     Recently, I load Red-hat linux kernel version 2.0.6.  I put my
> > Splecilix (8 port card).  And I find out that , it was enable when the

	Look at /usr/doc/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO
	     or http://metalab.unc.edu/Linux/doc/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO
In summary you need to add following lines in /etc/inittab file.

# Serial lines
s1:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 19200 ttyS0 vt100
s2:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 19200 ttyS1 vt100

HTH
- -ChetanS
________
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw