Re: [Business in the open? (GPL Vs. ...)]

> The only caveat being: Linus won't accept code whose sole purpose is to=

> enable a binary only module. As long as you are using standard
> system calls and interfaces, you are fine.
> =

> To answer the original question: the company doesn't have to reveal the=

> sources under GPL, as long as they don't publish the binaries. If you
> publish the binaries, you must publish source.
> =

I agree with you but the original question was talking about OSS in gener=
al
and not the OS (Linux) in particular. I was giving an example similar to
XFree86 which is a userland program which has a much liberal license and =
has a
module interface to deal with XInput. A similar program can be built as a=
n ERP
solution.

- -swaps