Re: sendmail,pop3,imap

- --------------F05655157CB877162F51BDCF

Tushar Kulkarni wrote:

> Hi
>
> >       When i telnet this machine from any other machine it takes
> > around 2-3 mins to show login prompt and immediately after showing
> > login screen before i could type user name and passward it says
> > connection to host lost.
>
> Add all your other nodes to /etc/hosts - the Linux machine is trying to
> resolve your host names, but since you don't have a DNS, it can't.
>
> Tushar : I have around 200+ comps, am i suppose to add all these comps to /etc/hosts
> we have only Netbios names, but most of the time we use IP only.
It you have around 200 machines then I would suggest that you start
running a
DNS server. That will be probably easier to maintain solution.

> >       I want to start Sendmail (SMTP) and recieve mails using POP3 and
> > IMAP4. how can i start these services?(i dont want to send mails to
> > external world. only on lan)
>
> Just point your SMTP/POP3 settings in your mail program on the nodes to
> the Linux box.
>
> It would also help you would create user accounts on the box. ;-)
>
> Tushar : Could u pl clarify/elaborate this point in detail
>
> Thanx
>
> Tushar
>
>   ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>                Name: unnamed1
>    unnamed1    Type: application/ms-tnef
>            Encoding: BASE64
- --------------F05655157CB877162F51BDCF

begin:vcard
n:Avasthi;Vinay
tel;fax:+91-80-5598660
tel;work:+91-80-5598615 Extn. 4027
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://members.tripod.com/Vinay_Avasthi
org:Motorola India Electronics Ltd.;Network Management Operations
adr:;;The Senate, 33A, Ulsoor Road,;Bangalore;Karnataka;560042;India
version:2.1
email;internet:Vinay_Avasthi-A12733@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Staff Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Vinay Avasthi
end:vcard

- --------------F05655157CB877162F51BDCF--

words 'unsubscribe linux-india' (without the quotes) in the body of the
email.