shutdown messages (was Re: Cache and linux )

this is becoz of kerneld (correct me if i am wrong).
It unloads all modules not being used after some period of time.

So for example if you havent printed for a long time, lpd is out !!!
What bugs me is how does it reload these things back when i DO print ?
Becoz lpd is not a part of the kernel.

ciao,
amit

>>> "VaibhaV Sharma" <helpindore@xxxxxxxx> 06/02/99 12:20pm >>>
But when the system is shut down, the shutdown messages are full of
things
like

shutting down xyz.... No such pid
shutting down abc ... no such pid

I have no idea why this happens but I don have any problem with the
setup.