"du" displays some confusing output

On my m/c I have  windows and Linux partitions. In Windoze, I checked
the properties of a folder
C:\aaaa\bbbb\. It reported disk space usage to be around 10 MB. However
when I deleted the same I got 70 MB free.

To get things confirmed, I re-created the folder (with all its contents)
,booted Linux and  used du. The output I got is as below:

% du -b /dosc/aaaa/bbbb
10399580        /dosc/aaaa/bbbb

% du -k /dosc/aaaa/bbbb
70688   /dosc/aaaa/bbbb

% du -h /dosc/aaaa/bbbb
9.9M    /dosc/aaaa/bbbb

Could anyone please explain whats going on ???

- --

Regards Ghins