Re.samba from windows -Reply

Hi,
U need not necessarily use root as the user in windows machine. u can create
any user in the win95 machine with the same name and passwd existing in
linux box.
BTW any expertise on tkwine (downloading, installing and using) ?

>>> Sunil Sarat <sunil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 05/31/99 01:57pm >>>
Hi,

I've configured samba for a specific workgroup. Using smbclient, I am able
access win shares from my linux box. But how do I proceed to access  my
linux
files  from a win9x machine. I can't see my linux box in win9x network
neighbourhood. Can some one guide me please.

Thanks in advance

Sunil Sarat

ud-vsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes Sunil I am also facing same problem but with one try I could able to
access Linux m/c from 95. Login to your 95 machine as root
(username:root) & password  same as your linux root password. Now find
the PC from 95 m/c. & you can able to see linux shares. But further to this
want to know how to establish similar connection betn. NT & Linux.

Bye.

words 'unsubscribe linux-india' (without the quotes) in the body of the
email.