Re: internet access

Hi!!

At IIT we are having a similar setup. You will have to ask the browsers in
your client machines to point to the proxy server i.e
edit>preferences>advanced>proxies>manual (this is for Netscape)
then enter your linux proxyserver IP address for HTTP and the port number
(was 3128 for RH 5.0 am not aware aboout Rh 5.2). This way the clent and
the server talk to each other thru this port.

No, bandwidht will not get divided by number of user but by what is being
done i.e http access or ftp

As mentioned adding users will not affect the bandwidth unless all of them
start to ftp and use bandwidth hungry application. IMHO, its quite likely
that the Internet bandwidth will be the limiting factor.

- - Maneesh