Re: HI

On Mon, 31 May 1999, shobhan wrote:

+       Is it possible to send a frame by using the following setup
+
+     sockid = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_RAW,IPROTO_IP);
+
+     Can I able send ethernet frames by using the following socket.  I
+ can send frames
+ through SOCK_PACKET.   Will the same be able to send through SOCK_RAW.
+ Please clarify my doubt, if any one who send ethernetframes trhogh
+ SOCK_RAW.

Acc. to <linux/socket.h>, SOCK_PACKET is a linux specific to get packets
at dev level. AFAIK, SOCK_RAW does not allow to capture just any packets
on the network, but only IP or ICMP.

LSF is something similar, supported in 2.1.x kernels.

Sharad.