Mailing services on Linux

Hi all,

I am a newbie to installing mail services on Linux.  I have installed RH
5.2.

My requirement is like this.  I have the Linux server, serving the internal
mailing requirements on my LAN.  I have one dial up connection to the
internet.  I want to enable email facility for all the users on my LAN with
this single dial up connection to the internet.  I can not think of
installing a proxy and giving users access to the internet for browsing.
Hence mail facilities like Hotmail et al are ruled out.  Using the single
dial up connection, can I give email facility (without somebody actually
routing the mail to them personally) to all my LAN users?

MS Exchange can do this with a third party add on.  But I don't want to use
MS Exchange.

Can somebody from the list help me out?

TIA
Ramakrishna