RE: Broken Playback of Wav files

a) I face a similar problem with KDE but I guess it is due to some memory
problems.  KDE is resource hungry.  Try changing the sequence of the startup
program.  I will try to see if there is a better solution and post it here.
b) Why don't you use the PC Quest March 1999 CD: it has WINAMP which is the
best MP3 player around (for both Windows and Linux).  Alternatively, you can
download the player from www.hackers.com  or from www.slashdot.org or from
dozens of other places.  If you are in Delhi, you can borrow my CD.
c) Video CDs and .dat I haven't tried out but I you may get what you want from
www.mpeg.com

Rajkumar Andrews