Re: I can't run sendmail normally

manas garg wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 1999, Binand Raj S. wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 08:05:47PM +0530, anindya wrote:
> >
> > > Can I give user anindya the rights to these
> > > two commands.

You do not need to be root nor suid to run
   '/usr/sbin/sendmail -q'.

Just make sure you give the command with the full
pathname as above.

A simple sendmail config for offline mailing is described in

  http://www.insightsol.com/prasadb/vsnlhowto.html

For shutdown , I find that running kdm is the best way. Even my
accounts person is happily using Linux this way.

- - Prasad