Re: I can't run sendmail normally

> Apart from this, you will also set the suid bit of these files, for they
> require root's priviledges to work. But the problem is that it will give
> the right to execute these files to all the users on the system.
>
> I have a related question. How do I give a user some priviledges of root??

	sudo takes care of that , AFAIK.

	btw one more simple way is make a login ( say halwa ) with login
shell as /sbin/COMMAND ( or whatever.) make id 0, ( yes that is
root's). just login as halwa on some terminal, and lo  COMMANDS
executes safely and securely.

	while at it, another question, just like ctrl-alt-del is handled in
inittab, can i make other sequence ( say ctrl-ald-keypad<+> ) handled
in inittab ? what i need is to invoke 'apm --suspend' to force my
green computer to power savning mode.
- -- Vardhan@xxxxxxxxxxxx