Re: Recommend Book

Atul Chitnis wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 1999, Sharad Joshi wrote:
>
> > Official? It comes at a cost, no? Anyway, i suggest on line books ( at
> > places like http://www.mcp.com -- there must b any more free on-line
> > book homes) like red-hat linux unleashed etc. Xcellent info - these books.
>
> I am not sure how to understand this - you mean spending money on Linux is
> bad? Given what you *get* for the money you spend?

Yes, if one is spending 3500 ( Rs. 3600 - 100 for CD ) for  simply a
printed manual which is available on CD. The 3500 can buy some excellent
books on Linux. I am sure  more than half the people on this list will
think more than twice before spending on official linux
distribution.

It is the beauty of linux that it available from Rs.free to Rs.3600 (or
may be more) and choice may be just left with the user.

BTW to answer original question I would suggest 'Linux in 24 Hour' By
Techmedia which comes with RH5.1 CD.

Best Wishes.
- -mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/default.html