Re Prob with LILO

Hello,

 For  NAV ,  there  may  be  an  option  to  ignore  the  MBR part.
 Check it .

 Now  the  part  about  fixing this problem (Assuming  Ur using
Slackware ):

 I  had  same problem  .  I am  using  Slackware 3.2 .

 The  solution I  used  was :

 1) Booted  the  system  with  normal  bootdisk  and  normal  rootdisk
(not  LILO
    bootdisk)

 2) Then  I  mounted  my  CD-Rom and  ran  Setup  from  my  LinuxCD.
    Skipped  all  the  options ,  went  to  LILO option.
    created  one  on  my  MBR  .  U  can  create  a LILO config  on  a
new  floppy
    disk  too . Its  advisable  to  create  a  LILO  boot  disk  along
with
    creating a LILO  config  on  MBR .

    That  did  it .

  Note : If  u  dont  have  even  normal  rootdisk  and  normal
bootdisk .

  Then  just  copy  the  relevant  image  file ( bare.i  for  me )  and
  root image (color.gz )  to  two  separate  disks  using  rawrite
command
  from  dos/windos prompt.

  color.gz  is  standard .
  bare.i  ( this  file  may  vary  4  u .  My  CD drive  is  connected
            IDE controller directly)

  On  ur  CD-Rom  ,
  u  will  have  Directory  bootdsks.144 /bootdsk.12  : 144 ,  12
indicate
  floppy  size .

 choose  the  correct  Directory  and  change  to  it  :
 then  run :  Current Dir:\ Rawrite  bare.i (whatever is  applicable) A:

 U  will  have  something  similiar like  rootdsks.144 .
 Current  Dir:\ Rawrite color.gz A:

 Assuming  that  A:  is  ur  drive.

 Hope  that  helps  .

  Sanjay