Re: intresting development on indian languages front on Linux]

For those who are interested in this project:

I downloaded the binaries although I would have loved to get the sources,=
 the
problem was that the tripod server hosting the source files had some prob=
lems
(I have informed linux-idev about that).
I installed the package as instructed. As a result I could run rxvt-idev =
and
display Indian characters when running utilities like 'cat' and 'more' bu=
'vi' and 'ls' does not recognise the encoding. The default mode switch ke=
which is right ALT key is working (as visually indicated) but does not ec=
ho
any characters on the command line. As a result the indian chars are not
getting typed on the command line.
I will try to work on the source code today and find out more.
- -swaps

> u can find the info about the project on the site, i
> have seen the  demo in  our ilug meeting in hyderabad. prof sangal is f=
rom
> hyderabad university , the developers mr naoushad and  vivek chaitanya =
are
> from iit wanted to expand the project ,so they asked me to post it to a=
many