Re: Fetchmail problems

Hi,
>>"J" == J Shashidhara <mysxrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 J> When I do a fetchmail, I get the following error message:

 J> mysxrd-in-haralu:~$ fetchmail
 J> 1 message for mysxrd at giasbg01.vsnl.net.in (1241 octets).
 J> reading message 1 of 1 (1241 octets) fetchmail: SMTP listener doesn't
 J> like recipient address `mysxrd@localhost'
 J> fetchmail: can't even send to mysxrd!
 J> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from
 J> giasbg01.vsnl.net.in

        Sounds like your MTA has issues. Can you send mail directly to
 mysxrd? Does trhe MTA logs show anything? What about
 /var/log/auth.log? Do you get additional information with
 fetchmail -a -v?

        manoj
- --
 The "cutting edge" is getting rather dull. Andy Purshottam
Manoj Srivastava   <srivasta@xxxxxxxxxx>  <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>