Re: [SHAMELESS PLUG] SGI to make XFS available to Linux

Raj Mathur

> Tomorrow at Linux Expo in North Carolina, SGI will announce that it
> will freely license its XFS "journaling" file system technology, a
> core component of its Irix operating system, as open source
> software. Effectively, this means developers will be able to
> incorporate XFS into their own variants of Linux.

Wow! I for one am totally thrilled with SGI! Having worked on
both Openvault and  XFS ,  I know both of these contributions
will be terrific for Linux as no equivalents exist (to my
knowledge) yet.  At last, Linux will have a quality journalling
file system with guaranteed rate IO etc. Now all we need
Alias Wavefront and other tools to do those cool graphics!
There is work on getting OpenGL to work with Matrox!! Yippee.

- - Prasad